Migrating from PHP to Python

At last, I’ve made a strong decision to migrate from PHP to Python. Leaving a tool, leaving your bread basket would not be an easy decision if you used it almost for eight years. Otherwise, I believe that sometimes with a little bit courage to leave your conform zone and a lot of curiosity you can get a better bread basket, maybe a jar of jam too.
if you want to be a sea, you must give up being a drop.
Why am I leaving PHP? Actually I am not leaving PHP totally, but switching my primary language to Python because my works have been changing. Most of work required from me is related to natural language processing(NLP), machine learning(ML) techniques. And I, and many other developers, find Python much more capable to deal with this kind of works. It has already many libraries, tools, frameworks for NLP and ML.

Another reason is that I think web programming will not grow as much as an intelligent system. Maybe I am wrong, but there is no doubt the future is about intelligent systems. And I want to make some works in this field.

And there is another programming language in which I am going to be efficient: java. Because it is the language of Android, the language of intelligent widgets such as google glass.

Anyway, I must continue to studying python, see ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory organization and cache management

(DRAFT) Scaling a django project using celery and elasticsearch